We may change these terms at any time.
1. Principles of data processing
1.1 Data controller
CZP Chalet Zermatt Peak AG collects and processes your data as the responsible party (referred to in this data protection notice as "we" or "us"). Inquiries concerning your personal data may be sent to:
CZP Chalet Zermatt Peak AG, Triftweg 47, Zermatt 3920, Switzerland, [email protected]
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal information. Your privacy is important to us, so please take the time to read our privacy terms. They explain:
- what types of personal information we collect and why we collect it;
- when and how we may share personal data with third parties;
- Your options for accessing and correcting your personal data.
1.2 Collected data
When you make a booking, you may submit the following information to us:
- Your personal details, such as your address, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth etc.;
- Personal details of your fellow guests;
- Payment details (e.g. credit card details, account information, billing address);
- Details about your or your fellow guests’ eating habits and allergies.
When you book additional services, we may require you to submit sensitive data to us:
- Data concerning your or your fellow guests’ health or biometric data (e.g. for equipment or trip reservations);
- Data concerning your or your fellow guests’ personal preferences (e.g. for requested purchases, tour or trips).
1.3 Other Sources of data collection
We may use personal data from other sources, such as companies providing information and data, trading partners and public registers:
- Your insurance company, its agents and medical staff may share relevant personal data and special categories of personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or on behalf of other customers or in an emergency.
1.4 Personal data of fellow guests
We use personal information about your fellow guests that you provide, e.g. additional information on your booking.
By submitting personal information about fellow guests, you must be sure that they agree and that you are allowed to submit the information. You should also ensure, where appropriate, that your fellow guests know how we could use their personal data.
2. Legal basis
2.1 In general
We collect and use your personal data only if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- We have your consent;
- It is necessary to take appropriate steps to contact you or, if you wish, to contact you before signing a contract;
- It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- It is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or others;
- The development of such works is in the public interest or is carried out in the exercise of public authority;
- It is in our or a third party's legitimate interests, unless your own interests or rights outweigh these.
2.2 Sensitive data
Where we need to process special categories of personal data, for example health data for medical reasons, we will only do so if one or more additional conditions apply: we have your explicit consent; it is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person and you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent; it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
3. Data usage by CZP
3.1 In general
We need to process your personal data in order to manage your booking, provide you with the products and services you request and to help you with orders and any refunds you may request.
If you contact us, for example by e-mail, post or telephone, we may use personal data in order to deal with your request in the best and quickest way possible.
We may use personal information to respond to and manage security incidents, faults or other similar occurrences. This may include medical or insurance-related information.
4. Disclosure of data to third parties
4.1 In general
In order to provide the products and services you have requested, we need to share personal information about your booked travel services with providers, transport companies.
We share only the minimum amount of personal information that enables our suppliers and trading partners to provide their services to you and us.
4.2 Securing our rights and payment
We may need to share personal information in order to protect or defend our legal rights, including providing personal information to third parties, for example to prevent fraud and reduce the risk of non-payment.
4.3 Sharing data with the Swiss authorities
We may share the necessary minimum amount of personal data with other authorities if the law requires us to do so or if we are legally permitted to do so.
5. Data Protection
5.1 In general
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal information. We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure.
5.2 Data transfer to third countries
The personal data we collect from you may also be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). They may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. We take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and that it is treated in accordance with these Privacy terms. These safeguards include appropriate contractual clauses, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and appropriate security measures.
6. Storage of data
We will only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy terms and/or to comply with legal retention requirements. After this period we delete personal data in a secure manner. If, after this period, data is needed for analytical, historical or other legitimate business purposes, we will take appropriate measures to make the data anonymous.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You may, of course, write to us and ask us to provide you with a copy of any other personal data we hold about you.
You may also request that your personal data be corrected or deleted, object to the processing of your personal data and, where technically feasible, request that personal data that you have submitted to us be transferred to another organisation.
We will update or delete your information unless we need to retain it for legitimate business or legal purposes.
You can also contact us if you wish to complain about how we collect, store and use your personal data. It is our aim to find the best possible remedy for your complaints. However, if you are not satisfied with our response, you can also contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/de/home.html.
If you have any questions, requests or comments on the subject of data protection, please contact us by e-mail: [email protected]